Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Take a Breath

Well, not really, we close in 9 days (yes, it's still on, though I'm still entertaining hopes - probably fantasies at this point - that the buyers will back out!), and even after we close on the house, I'll have all the unpacking and moving stuff on the other end (not to mention the Thanksgiving holiday). I feel like I'm moving in slow motion. Luckily, I have that luxury, since Jared found a moving company that will pack for peanuts. I'm trying to do some of the packing on my own, so I can sort through and get rid of a bunch of stuff, but every time I do, Jared asks me why I'm bothering to pack, when he's hired someone to do it. So, I mostly wander around, gaping in disbelief at the fact that we're actually MOVING.

We had a really busy weekend. Aside from the obvious getting ready to move, we ran a bunch of errands, watched the football game, celebrated Audrey's birthday on Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday (separate post on that), I taught Relief Society, went to a Scout meeting, Audrey did her part in the primary sacrament meeting program (reluctantly - she seems to have developed a bit of stage fright, which was not an issue at all last year), and went to Sunday Night at Grandma Henrie's. Whew!

Oh, and I'm making a note to myself, and for anyone else who may move at some point - If you want to take a bunch of pictures or video to remember your house, do it while you're still showing the house, not after you've accepted an offer. After you've accepted the offer, you're getting ready to move, and things are no longer in showing condition. I keep trying to get things cleaned up, so I can take a video of the house, and it's impossible to do while trying to pack! Why, oh why didn't I do this when I was keeping the house spotless for showings?!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds so stressful, although dreamy that you have movers to do the work, although it would seem very emotionally stressful. I always have a hard time saying goodbye to a home.