Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Digs

This is it! We just signed the rental agreement yesterday, so this will be home sweet home until at least November 30, 2009. From the pictures, the downstairs seems to be set up very similarly to our current home, except there's no den, no mudroom, and the 1/2 bath is just off the front entry, rather than in the back corner. It has 4 bedrooms upstairs - come and visit us!








This will take some getting used to. The kids really roam all over our yard now, so to go from our yard to this will be quite an adjustment, I'm afraid. There is a park a couple of streets over, so I imagine we'll find ourselves there quite a bit. We're also within walking distance of the elementary school, and there is also supposedly open space with walking/jogging trails, so hopefully we'll still spend plenty of time outside, even though the yard is teeny tiny.

Overall, I feel really blessed that we were able to find such a nice place in our price range. When I first started looking, I was dismayed at how much things cost, and pretty much figured we'd be back in something the size of the condo we lived in before we moved to our current home. That would have been adequate for our needs, but it would have been hard to pare down all the stuff we have and get used to living with much less space. As it is, we'll still have to get used to less space, but it's much larger and nicer than what I thought we'd end up with. Things are working out, I guess!

9 comments:

Emily S. said...

VERY nice! What city is it in? How's the packing coming along? Good Luck ;-)

V and Co. said...

oh those pictures make me home sick! where are you living? my mom's in del mar area. we'll have to get together when i go down there in the summers! miss ya! -v

Laura said...

Beautiful!!! So I guess you are not going to be around for the CHristmas party? How sad for us!!! I hope everything goes smoothly in transition, keep us posted!

STEPHANIE said...

It looks nice! I'm glad things are working out for you!

Rachel said...

What a nice home! I am glad you were able to get something so nice in your price range - I am sure you had a little sticker shock at first. Jeremy and I have been anxious to visit Southern Cal, so we may take you up on the visit!

M+J said...

Nice digs! I'm glad you've got space because with us living so close, you can count on some visitors! :) Good luck. Don't throw any boy clothes away ... take them to Mom's! Call me, please!

Lynsie said...

Please tell me if you need ANY help at all. I am jsut few hours drive away, and do not mind at all unpacking someone elses ktichen. In fact , it might be a nice vacation for me from reality. If you need anything at all, please call!!!!
The house looks so nice !

J.J. said...

It looks like a good house swap! I'm going to miss you. But I think looking at such a nice place to move to, makes it kind of exciting! Is this really happening? I have known you as long as I have been with JJ....
When will you be here in December? I want to plan around it, so we can see you guys. Ashlyn will miss you too! We even miss you on our vacations...
Our lives will just not be the same without you Jen!

Claudia said...

Glad you found a cute house! I like it! :)