Friday, June 6, 2008

The Honeymoon's Over

Referring to my blog, of course! It's been almost a month since I updated - I haven't gone that long since last summer sometime, when I first started the blog and was still getting the hang of it. We've been busy - but not too busy to update, really just busy enough to have lots of fun things to post about. So, why'd I disappear for so long? I can't really say - I just wasn't feeling it. I was tired of feeling beholden to summarizing each event we do. Can't we just go do something and have a good time without feeling we have to make a record of it or broadcast it to the world? As you can see, the honeymoon's over. The blog and I have made amends, though, and we're ready to settle in as old marrieds. I guess the timing is appropriate, given that I started my blog just over a year ago.

As I mentioned, we had lots of fun during the month of May. I have lots of pictures and will post a few updates. We're looking forward to a fun summer. The past couple of years, I've had friends plan weekly outings throughout the summer. Since I haven't heard anything from anyone about doing that this summer, I think I'm going to do it. I'm going to work out a schedule on where we're going to go each week - I think we'll go on Wednesdays. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come - just send an email or leave a comment and I'll let you know what I have planned.

5 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

I'm glad you two worked things out...you've been missed!

J.J. said...

Count me in...Wednesdays sound like something to look forward to. :)
What's ahead?
Ali

Sally said...

Glad you're back too! I have Wednesdays open also. :)

Sally said...

I forgot to say that I love your new blog look, so cute!

Bethany said...

Well I'm glad you're back. I can only be jealous of your smashmallows for so long! LIke the new layout too!