Thursday, May 8, 2008

Burning Smashmallows


On Monday, Ali called to see if we wanted to go up the canyon with them for dinner and a campfire. I'm so glad she did - we had so much fun! It was so nice to be outside, enjoying nature. The kids loved running around, splashing in the water, running up and down the hills, playing with the ball, and watching the fire. Adam seemed a little under the weather for the first hour or so, but he had a strawberry to eat, promptly threw it back up, and then began acting like his old self again - running around, sliding down the hill, and able to down 3 or 4 "burned smashmallows" (a phrase he coined on this outing). I suspect he may have gotten a bit carsick driving up the canyon road, poor kid! I'll have to see what I can do to help him with that - it's not something I've really had to deal with before. That aside, though, we had a truly delightful time and I'll agree with what Ali said - "When I'm doing something like this is when I actually like living in Utah." Campfires up in the gorgeous mountains, sign me up! Snowstorms in May - not so much.

Audrey was thrilled with this giant stick she found

This was the closest to a smile Adam could manage when he wasn't feeling well.

Feeling much better (and he has the messy face to prove it!)

7 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Sounds like you had a great time. BTW, I love your new background!

V and Co. said...

okay love the pics love the global warming thing but especially loooooooooove the new background, it made me happy!

the Token Asian said...

Somehow the spring draws us into the mountains. It lasts thru the summer...maybe it's warm air that brings us outside. Anyway, we went to the canyon recently too. So fun.

M+J said...

Have you thought about trying seabands (or c-bands) for Adam's motion sickness? I used them on our cruise and thought they worked great!!! They're like athletic wristbands, but a little skinnier, and they have a piece of plastic (supposedly disguising a magnet or something) and you put it on a pressure point near your wrist ... have to wear them on both sides for them to work, and they supposedly dramatically reduce motion sickness. I felt like they were very effective on my cruise, and I know others have used them with success. They were about $10 on the cruise ship (where they could have charged $100, and people would have still bought them), but it's a non-medication way to try to combat the motion sickness. Sure couldn't hurt to try. You could always play it up by saying they're spiderman arm bands or that they're his magic powers arm bands. :)

Tracy said...

Hey jenny, long time no see! My mom was just telling me tonight that she ran into Jane and I come home to find your friend request on facebook! We'll have to get together sometime, I'm down in Utah County a lot these days. Your kids are so cute, I can't believe I've never met them. Hey, I hung out with Jamie Hepworth Morley the other day, she and Keith are back in Salt Lake now and they have a new baby. We'll have to have a reunion or something--whatever happened to Corey and Kuba (noticed I spelled Corey's name right. . .)

Claudia said...

Hey Guys!!!
I was missing you and looked you up. Cute blog! And what cute kids you guys have! I had never seen a picture of Adam before. They are both beautiful and look like their cute parents! :) I'm glad to see you're having fun.

Ryan and I are super happy and enjoying our new life! Check out our news. ;)

Love,
Andrea :)

Cranberryfries said...

Hi Jenny. I found your sisters blog a few days ago and went looking for yours on hers to say hi. I dont know if you remember me but we worked together at the CID. :) Your family is so adorable!

~Debbie