Monday, June 9, 2008

May Recap

I had illusions (delusions?) of going through and giving each event from the month of May its own separate post because I have so many cute pictures of each one. It may happen yet (though it seems pretty rare that I actually follow through when I promise a forthcoming post), but, in the meantime, here's the monthly recap I sent to my grandparents today. See why I've been too busy to post? ;)

Dear Grandma & Grandpa,

Wow! We've had such a fun, busy month. May is generally busy in our family, as you know, with the birthdays and Mother's Day, but it seems like we packed even more in this month.



We had a fun birthday/Mother's Day celebration over at Michelle's house. We had yummy hamburgers on the grill and a giant chocolate cake from Costco that was incredibly rich, and the birthday folk got to wear a silly hat. The kids were really excited to get me flowers for Mother's Day (a few days before Mother's Day, Audrey told me, 'I know what I'm going to get your for Mother's Day...they're red with green stems and they smell good. Those are all the hints I'm giving you!' - she really loves to play guessing games lately!), and Jared helped them get me breakfast in bed that morning, so I felt adequately spoiled ;)



The next weekend, Jared and Adam headed to the mountains for the Father/Sons campout. This has become a really fun tradition for them, though neither of them gets much sleep and they both come home exhausted. Jared was hoping Adam would do better this year than last year (when he kept waking up in the middle of the night and, finding Jared next to him, though it was playtime and would start poking Jared in the eyes or squeezing his nose), but Adam had a little bit of a cough that kept him up some. Maybe next year. They still had a great time, though - they rode up with some friends of ours and set up their tents together. I told Jared to take pictures and he came home with pictures of the boys canoeing, riding a zip line, and sitting around the fire. With the amount of dirt available to play with and the handful of toy trucks he took with him, I'm sure Adam was in heaven. Audrey and I had a fun picnic in the park with some friends whose men and boys were also up at the campout that night, so we didn't mind too much being left behind. ;)

No sooner had the boys returned home than Mom and Dad called, enticing us up to see them with the promise of free Build-a-Bear stuffed animals for the kids (R.C. Willey was doing some sort of promotion) and a little carnival in the Macey's parking lot. We did the bears, but by the time we got to Macey's, the carnival was over, so the kids settled for ice cream cones with Grandma. We came back and washed the cars with Grandpa, which Adam LOVED. We had such a fun time but it was truly a jam-packed weekend!


The next weekend, Memorial Day weekend, we spent a lot of time visiting with an old college friend of mine, Jeremy, who had come to visit from Phoenix. It was so fun to see him and we had a great time with a yummy BBQ, playing games, and just catching up. We also went and got Audrey's uniforms for school next year. She's not too excited about them, because they have collars, which she's decided she doesn't like. I had her try them on and they look really cute on her. I'm hoping once she sees that it's what all the other kids are wearing, she won't give me such a hard time about it.



She'd better get used to the uniforms, because a few days after we bought them, she graduated from preschool, so she's definitely starting Kindergarten in the fall. ;) She had a cute little ceremony - they sang a few songs and repeated a few nursery rhymes. I'm pretty sure Audrey was the loudest of them all. Much better than last year's ceremony, where she was so upset about having to wear the gown that she just stood there, kind of whimpering. I'm really glad she had this 'extra' year of preschool (she'll be nearly 6 when she starts Kindergarten) - I don't think she would have been ready for Kindergarten this year. Mom came down for the graduation and brought Audrey a Tinkerbell necklace which she loves wearing. I don't think it's come off since Mom put it on her before the graduation. I think Audrey misses school, though. Every day she asks me what we're going to do and seems to miss the routine of the school year. I think she'll settle into the summer routine, but the first couple of weeks are a little rough.

Anyway, I didn't intend to write a book. As I said, we had a busy month! We thought of you, Grandma, on your birthday and Mother's Day. I hope they were enjoyable for you. We miss you so much and wish we could see you both more often. We are so grateful to have you in our lives!

Love,
Jared, Jenny, Audrey and Adam

2 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Great recap!

Mrs.Smith said...

Those are some CUTE pictures! Love your blog. :)