Tuesday, October 28, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

And yet, we're leaving ours! I can't believe it. I've been kind of down ever since we decided to accept the counter-counter-offer. We got an ok price, not great, but what do you expect in this market and economy? It's not a done deal, yet - we disclosed a roof leak we'd had over Labor Day weekend, and they want to come take a look at it (Jared looked at it when we had the problem, then we had a roofer out, and neither of them could see a significant problem, they figured it was the pelting rain combined with high winds that basically blew the rain horizontally. We've had a couple more heavy rains since, with no problems). Part of me is actually hoping they will decide to back out. Funny, that's usually a seller's worst nightmare, but I think, to some degree, Jared and I would both welcome that news. I do feel like this is the "right" thing for us at this time, but I'm incredibly nervous. And kind of harried. Did I mention they want to close Nov. 20th?! That gives me roughly 3 1/2 weeks to get everything in this house sorted through and packed up. Michelle came over to help me yesterday and took a trunkful of baby girl things off my hands. She's generously offered to keep those and store them for me, should I need them again someday. ;) I am going to have to get rid of so much stuff, and pack up all that's left. Not looking forward to this. We need to find a place in SD. We're still planning on renting at first. I've seen a few things that I think would work for us in our price range, but I'm worried nothing will be available when we need to move, and then I'm not sure what we will do. I guess I just need to have more faith that things will work out.

11 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

WOW! I'm happy/sad for you! At least there is this blogging world to be able to keep in touch! Good luck!

Bethany said...

I am so glad you were able to sell your house. That has to be some sort of relief at least. I can't believe you are moving so quickly!

Emily S. said...

The end of an era - but I think that San Diego will be a fun adventure. Now Morgan and I have a reason to come out to visit California! ;-)

Laura said...

Just think, you can go to SeaWorld every day. And the beach. And we can all live through your fun, new adventures because of your blog. I hope to see you at the girls night next Wednesday. I know you are crazy busy right now-----
Everything is falling into perfect place for you---that's inspiration.

the Token Asian said...

OMG- I can't believe it. Am having mixed feelings: relieved the house has sold, sad you're leaving (of course), excited for you- I may be jealous. We must get together before you leave! Let me know how we can help, k?

Mrs.Smith said...

Okay, so we *really* have to get our kids together before you up and leave. How can I help? Just let me know, and we'll be there, or have them here, or whatever! It's not going to be the same, getting together with family, without you here! (sniff, sniff...)

Jen Stewart said...

YIKES~please keep us posted. We are having girls night on next wednesday...you must come!

Tracy said...

Jenny, email me if you are interested in going the My Man Friday/Stretch Armstrong reunion show this saturday (Nov. 1). Marc will be playing and we still have some free tickets left! tracyjnuttall@gmail.com

M+J said...

Call Me!! --Julie

The Stewart's said...

man Jen I had no idea it was so soon It is sad that you are going. But I am happy for you and your family what a great blessing this will be for you. Pleas let us know if you need help cleaning or packing. I'm free Monday - Friday between 12:40 and 3:00

Sally said...

Wow, that was fast! Moving is hard and un-nerving even with faith, but you guys will be fine! Good luck with everything! Hope to see you Wednesday.