Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Never Thought It Would Come To This

Seriously. Yeah, we cleaned up the house, had the yard sale, stuck the sign in the yard - even showed the house a handful of times. I heard over and over how rough the market is right now, between the lousy economy, the tightened loan requirements, the many foreclosures we're competing with, and just the time of year - and kind of figured selling the house was a pipe dream. But now we have an offer, and it's become a lot more real to me that we might really be moving. Um, yeah. Kinda freaking out. Now, the offer is a low one, so there is a strong possibility that we won't be able to come to an agreement on price. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for here.

The thought of packing up everything I own, leaving behind friends and family, the security of a home that we built, that we love, that we can afford, having to pull Audrey out of school and have her start all over again at a new one, moving further away than I've ever lived from my family in my life - it's all very frightening (and more than a little sad)! However, the thought of trying something new, living somewhere where I don't have to deal with yucky snowy winters, a great job opportunity for Jared, and experiencing a little more diversity than we have here is all kind of enticing. So, part of me wants to flat out reject the offer, pull the sign out of the yard, and plant myself right here where I'm comfortable. Part of me wants to just take the offer (lowball and all) and be done with it - this is what we've been working so hard for the last few months, right? Realistically, I think we'll counter, and see what happens from there...stay tuned!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations on the offer. i know what you mean about living so far from family and friends. but, i have every confidence you will flourish in san diego.

Laura said...

So many important life-changing decisions. Stressful, but exciting. I will be praying for you that the best thing for you and your family will happen. We have to have some fun soon!!!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you guys may be moving - it does give me an excellent excuse to visit San Diego though! Try not to worry - eveything will work out how it is supposed to.

Sally said...

Wow, I hope everything works out for the best! We'll miss you though! :(

Mrs.Smith said...

Change is hard. It was hard to leave Washington, and we'd only been there 2 years! And we were moving closer to family... Yeah. Change is hard.

Good luck, how ever it goes!

J.J. said...

Just stay...you know you want to! That is an easy peesy lemon squeezy!

STEPHANIE said...

Wow, I'm sure everything will work out the way it is suppose to either way! For sure keep us posted!

M+J said...

Don't leave your blog peeps hangin! Definitely let us know what happens. You and your fam will bloom wherever you are planted, Jen. Hang in there!

Love you so much!
Julie