Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yard Sale Nirvana

All right, maybe not quite nirvana, but pretty darn close! Kori has been telling me for years about the great garage sales in Park City. This weekend, she invited me to make the trek up there with her and, I have to admit, I was not disappointed! Here are some of my fantastic scores:

Toaster Oven (it works!) $1

Costco Cookbook - $0.25

King-Size Featherbed (in new-looking condition) - $3

Office Chair - $5

4 movies (Swan Princess 3, Aristocats, Return to Neverland and Monsters, Inc. - all on VHS, yes, we're old school here) & Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator - $2 for all

Dance Dance Revolution Knockoff - free! We arrived at a sale as they were wrapping up and they were just giving stuff away. I also got a couple of baby doll bottles and a stuffed doodle horse for Audrey there, but she'd commandeered them by the time I took the pictures.
Kori ended up with lots of great stuff, too, including a free over the range microwave to replace theirs that went out a little while ago, a really nice high chair for $8, and some cute puzzles and toys for her kids. Her cousin and cousin's friend came with us, and they got lots of great baby stuff - stroller and carseat, lots of cute clothes, and a hospital-grade pump for only $15!

So, lots of great deals, fun gals to chat with, a break from the kids, and all wrapped up with lunch at Cafe Rio - in short, a fantastic way to spend a Saturday morning!

8 comments:

Laura said...

You have inspired me to venture out in my garage saling. What great finds! I love the office chair!

Jen Stewart said...

Ooooooo! First off LOVE the new look of your blog!
And second I am so jealous over your park city yard sales! I had traffic school on Saturday and it was so sad and boring! Glad you got some great stuff!

STEPHANIE said...

Great finds!

Sally said...

WOW! I have got to get on the yard sale band wagon!

Bethany said...

Awesome!!! You got some great stuff!

V and Co. said...

awesome finds jenny!!!

J.J. said...

ROCKIN!

Ashley said...

Wow, those are awesome deals! I just stopped by your blog, but you don't know me. It's very cute and I enjoy reading it!